How to make hummus Califa style
- Don't miss our new short video recipe
James Stuart, director of the Califa Group who developed the original Califa menu shows us from his home garden how to prepare hummus in just a few minutes. Enjoy!
Sub-titles are available on our Youtube videos, just click the option bottom right of the screen.
Hummus is one of the delights you can find in the famous Califa's Mezze at the restaurant El Jardín del Califa or you can also order it individually. It is a very old recipe whose origin some place in ancient Egypt. It is also very easy to prepare!
- 200 gr. cooked chickpeas (from a jar or can is perfectly good)
- Tahini (not dark tahini)
- 1 or 2 Lemons depending on their strength
- Garlic 1 or 2 cloves
- Olive oil
1. Process the chickpeas in a blender (or food processor) with the lemon juice, tahina, garlic a dash of olive oil and enough water to obtain a soft creamy consistency.
2. Serve on a flat plate, garnished with a dribble of olive oil and a dusting of paprika and a little parsley. Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
Do you want to send us the result of the recipe? Send your photos by private message through our social networks.