How to make Ghreyba (El Jardín del Califa cupcakes)
- The recipe is perfect to get kids involved in cooking
This week Ramadan starts so we thought why not do a delicious and fun recipe to make with your kids. Do you know the Moroccan coconut cookies known as 'Ghreyba'? They are typical Moroccan sweets that you can try in the restaurant El Jardín del Califa.
Sub-titles are available on our Youtube videos, just click the option bottom right of the screen.
Yesterday evening marked the beginning of Ramadan, the Muslim holy month of fasting, introspection, and prayer.
Ramadan is known for its wide variety of irresistible sweets such as 'Ghreyba' (coconut Moroccan cookies)
Isabella, James Stuart's daughter, director of the Califa Group who developed the original Califa menu, shows us from her home kitchen how to prepare it in just a few minutes.
All the ingredients you will need:
- 2 eggs.
- 100gr ground almonds.
- 100gr grated coconut.
- 100gr of sugar (better white so that it doesn't change colour).
- 1 spoonful of rose water (if you use rose essence it is better to add a little less than a spoonful), you can also use orange blossom water or vanilla essence instead.
1. Put the eggs in a bowl and beat them by hand with a whisk until they are very well mixed.
2. Then add the 100gr of grated coconut, the 100gr of ground almonds and move everything around. With a spatula, press the dough a little and add the sugar.
3. Now it's time to add the rose water, you can also add orange blossom water or vanilla essence. Mix again until the dough is homogeneous and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Once the dough has rested, make about 15 or 20 little balls of the same size so that they bake easily.
5. Preheat the oven to 180º and place the tray with the balls in the oven at medium height.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the sweets are golden. Once we have taken them out of the oven, let them cool down for a few minutes.
7. Place the Ghreyba on a plate and decorate with rose petals, they are edible :-)
Do you want to send us the result of the recipe? Send your photos by private message through our social networks.